2025: A Vision for Race Equality in Britain
Definition of “Black”
Socio-Economic & Political Context
Things Are Getting Worse
What We Call For
What the Research Tells Us
Where Do We Go From Here?
The ‘Fire Next Time’ Conclusion
2025 Racial Equality Campaign
BARAC UK 2025 Race Equality Campaign Draft Objectives
- To publicly campaign for Government, businesses, institutions, civil society organisations, faith groups and individuals to accept and sign up to the 2025 Race Equality Campaign.
- To work with others in seeking to significantly challenge, reduce and where possible eradicate all major areas of racial inequality, disproportionality and ethnic under-representation in the UK by 2025.
- To promote, campaign and advocate for better public understanding of the reality and scale of racial inequalities, disproportionate treatment and ethnic under-representation and its effects on UK society and economy.
- To highlight the financial cost to the UK’s economy and prosperity of continued racial discrimination and economic exclusion and injustice.
- To bring public pressure to bear on governments, businesses and institutions to sign up to the campaign, reserving the right to initiate social action where there is resistance to race equality.